Functional Fitness of DuPage is dedicated to helping you be the best physical self you can be – whether you’re new to exercise, need an extra push from your normal routine or are recovering from physical trauma. We provide the motivation each individual needs to reach their fitness goals, making sure to move at the right pace for safety and maximum results. Check out our services and locations to learn more about us and how we can help you on your fitness journey.
It’s time to make a change. We know it’s not easy – it’s not supposed to be. But you don’t have to do it alone. The road to improving your body and yourself is easier with a personal trainer by your side. Our programs are affordable, customized, efficient and informed so you can achieve results quickly and safely. We’ll keep you accountable and motivated so your journey to a healthier life will be as easy and fun as possible.
Health and Fitness Consultations
Health and fitness are like most things in life—results will follow when you apply a detailed and focused approach. Here at Functional Fitness of Dupage, we operate with one goal, and that’s to commit you the results you're looking for. How do we do this? We offer a consultation to get to know you, your goal, and your commitment to reaching that goal.
Tanner Shultz MS, CSCS, Pn-1
You can sum up Tanner by saying he loves life and meeting new people. He believes that by staying as fit and as healthy as possible, we have a better chance at doing the things we love for years to come.
Tanner also doubles down on the importance of a solid formal education and holds degrees in exercise physiology, clinical nutrition, and sports science. As a fitness coach who partners with people living in the "real world", he is a strong believer in getting and staying certified by the experts in the practical application of that knowledge. Therefore, he maintains his credentials as a strength and conditioning specialist as well as a fitness and nutrition coach.
Tanner has worked in a variety of medical fitness facilities across the country and is the creator of the Stronger Living Assessment which he uses with clients to maximize their results.
- Exercise Physiology; University of Wyoming (MS)
- Exercise and Sports Science; University of Wyoming
- Nutrition and Food Science; University of Wyoming
- Fitness Consulting- Exercise, Diet, Lifestyle
- Exercise Training- Strength, Mobility, Endurance
- In-home Training- Personalized accountability
- Nutrition- Energy Mastery, Food Sensitivities, Weight Management
- Exercise Therapy- Pre-hab and Post Rehab Injury Training
- Sports Performance- Beginner (8+ yrs) to Elite (Div 1 athletes)
- Small Group Training- Exercise in a group setting (2 to 8 people)
- Northwestern Medicine
- USANA Health Sciences
- Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital
- Clinical Stress Testing
- Phase 3 Cardiac Rehabilitation Programming
- Health and Nutrition Coaching
Precision Nutrition - Certified Health and Fitness Coach (Pn-1)
- Personal Training
NSCA - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Special Conditions
Certified Program Designer for Special Conditions Population
- Volunteer coach for college wrestling and youth soccer
- Outdoor interests (camping, hiking, rock climbing)
- Research (Medical Fitness Association, Mayo Clinic, IDEA Fitness)
- Family and church
- 20+ years in business
- Division one wrestler
- Sub 5-minute mile
- 305 lbs bench press
- 50 pull-ups
- 3 x marathoner
- 1 x Ironman 70.3